Bag Packing in Dunnes Stores in the Pavillion’s Shopping Centre took place on Friday, 9 November and Saturday, 10 November 2018 organised by the Parent’s Association. Students from Transition Year and the Student’s Council all helped out on the day and we are delighted to announce that almost €2,300 was collected. Thanks to all the students and parents who made this such a successful event!
Other upcoming events are The Garda Band Xmas Concert 2018 which takes place on 4 December 2018 at 7 p.m. in St. Finian’s Church Rivervalley – tickets cost €5 and are available from the school.
The Annual Christmas Raffle is also taking place and books of tickets are distributed to all students – tickets are €2 each or a book of six tickets for €10 – we would appreciate your support in this raffle – the draw will take place on the night of the Garda Band Concert
Remember the Parents Association is Your Association – Join Now and Play your Part
You can now find the Loreto College Parents’ Association on Facebook. at
We encourage you all to attend and we thank the member of the parent’s association for all their hard work.
The parent’s association is the structure through which parents in our school can work together for the best possible education for their children. The parent’s association works with the principal, staff and the board of management to build effective partnership between home and school.
In order to be effective, the parent’s association needs to have ways of
- Consulting with parents, so that parents can express their views on school policy and matters relating to the school
- Finding out from parents about the kinds of activities that will promote parental involvement and partnership for the benefit of the students
- Finding out from pupils about how the parent association can be of help to them
- Consulting with and advising the principal and the board of Management
Can you give one hour a month to join our Parent’s Association?
We meet the first Monday of every month except January where we discuss what is happening in the school and how we can help with events in the school.
The Loreto College Swords Parents’ Association operates within the guidelines of The Loreto College Swords Parents’ Association Constitution. (Copy available on request).
The goal of the Parents’ Association is to enhance the quality of the educational experience for all those associated with Loreto College.
The Association exists to:
- Support and initiate activities which advance the aims and objectives of Loreto College without interference in the process of governance, management or internal day- to -day running of the school.
- Develop good lines of communication which will allow a two-way flow of information between the committee, parents and other relevant bodies
- Organise and support social and educational activities which are designed to develop and enhance relationships in the school community.
- Raise funds for approved projects
Membership of the Association is confined to parents and guardians of present pupils of the College, with the aim of having a representative from each of the years.
The Association meets in the school on the first Monday of every month. The meeting is structured and formal in that it follows an agreed Agenda, while at the same time having a relaxed atmosphere were everyone’s views and opinions are sought and welcomed. The Principal or Deputy Principal attends each meeting, providing updates on and seeking the views and opinions of the Association on matters of relevance. The Association and Board of Management meet annually and a member of the Board attends the Associations meeting once a quarter.
Would You Like To Help?
Are you in a position to support the Association and in doing so the College? This support can come in many forms:
- New members are welcome onto the Committee
- Volunteers are required for coaching and to accompany pupils to off site school activities
- Sponsorship is required for various events during the year
- Support of fund raising events.