The Loreto Parents’Association (PA) would like to welcome you to the 2020-21 school year. It is certainly an unusual school year as the Covid-19 pandemic has brought many challenges to all our lives and to our school community. However, the PA is working hard to find alternative ways to continue our work this year. We look forward to staying connected and getting to know all new members whatever way possible!
AGM: As it is not currently possible to hold in-person meetings, it was agreed to postpone our usual AGM this year. We will review this in 2021. However, we are still holding our monthly meeting and would love to see you there! We have a lovely committee, and it doesn’t take up too much of your time. We meet once a month for 45 minutes and work with the Principal (Peter McNamara) and Deputy (Sharon Gunn). It is a lovely forum to further understand what is going on at the school. You also get to voice your views and opinions in a safe environment. Upcoming meeting will be held at 7.30pm, via Zoom on:
Monday, 7th Dec,
Monday, 1st Feb,
Monday, 1st Mar.
While it will not be possible to hold all our traditional and successful fundraisers this year (e.g. Garda band concert, bag packing), we are working on some new and safe ways to raise funds for our school in the new year. Before then, we will be holding our Christmas Raffle in December (details below). We greatly appreciate all your support for our fundraising events.
Interested in getting involved?
Being part of the PA is a rewarding opportunity to be more involved in your daughter’s education. There are many ways to be involved (e.g. attending monthly meetings, helping at school events, supporting fund raising events) and we’d love to have you on board.
If you would like to contact the PA, please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
Christmas Hamper Raffle
Please support our Bumper Christmas Hamper Raffle, which will take place in December. Tickets cost 2€ each/10€ for a book of 6 tickets. A book of raffle tickets will be sent home with each student in early December (with additional tickets available on request) and we would greatly appreciate any support you can give us. All funds raised will go towards improving facilities in the school for your daughters AND you will be in with the chance to win some great prizes!
1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes: Hampers including Christmas goodies and vouchers. Plus many other prizes!
Good luck in the draw and thank you for your support!
The parent’s association is the structure through which parents in our school can work together for the best possible education for their children. The parent’s association works with the principal, staff and the board of management to build effective partnership between home and school.
In order to be effective, the parent’s association needs to have ways of
- Consulting with parents, so that parents can express their views on school policy and matters relating to the school
- Finding out from parents about the kinds of activities that will promote parental involvement and partnership for the benefit of the students
- Finding out from pupils about how the parent association can be of help to them
- Consulting with and advising the principal and the board of Management
The Loreto College Swords Parents’ Association operates within the guidelines of The Loreto College Swords Parents’ Association Constitution. (Copy available on request).
The goal of the Parents’ Association is to enhance the quality of the educational experience for all those associated with Loreto College.
The Association exists to:
- Support and initiate activities which advance the aims and objectives of Loreto College without interference in the process of governance, management or internal day- to -day running of the school.
- Develop good lines of communication which will allow a two-way flow of information between the committee, parents and other relevant bodies
- Organise and support social and educational activities which are designed to develop and enhance relationships in the school community.
- Raise funds for approved projects
Membership of the Association is confined to parents and guardians of present pupils of the College, with the aim of having a representative from each of the years.
The Association meets in the school on the first Monday of every month. The meeting is structured and formal in that it follows an agreed Agenda, while at the same time having a relaxed atmosphere were everyone’s views and opinions are sought and welcomed. The Principal or Deputy Principal attends each meeting, providing updates on and seeking the views and opinions of the Association on matters of relevance. The Association and Board of Management meet annually and a member of the Board attends the Associations meeting once a quarter.
Would You Like To Help?
Are you in a position to support the Association and in doing so the College? This support can come in many forms:
- New members are welcome onto the Committee
- Volunteers are required for coaching and to accompany pupils to off site school activities
- Sponsorship is required for various events during the year
- Support of fund raising events.