A week of activities have been organised to encourage Positive Thinking in school – activities will include:
* CAHMS Talk to All Year Groups re. how to deal with anxiety, stress
* Speaker from Jigsaw
* Dance lessons for both staff and students
In addition students have decorated all lockers with positive messages
Upbeat music will be played before school starts and at lunch break
Positive messages on posters will be displayed around the school
Worry Box will be left at front entrance to school along with sheets of paper and students are invited to leave their worries into the box and leave them behind.
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Dr. Seuss
· “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” Henry David Thoreau
· “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Helen Keller
· “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucious
· Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try. Gail Devers
· Being different is one of the most beautiful things on earth. (Unknown)
· Creativity is intelligence having fun. Albert Einstein.
· The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed. Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
· The expert in anything was once a beginner. Helen Hayes.